Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mother Tongue...

Not just at this moment.. But from the time I remember... One thing I really miss in this "Bangalore" life is .... TAMIL....
Even though one of my roommate is tamilian, even though I talk to my mom very frequently which is in TAMIL, I badlly miss it...

Wonder if its the case with many...
Wonder why people are so proud to use English even for unofficial reasons .. however not when inevitable.. including me, example this blog written mainly in english..

Am one among those fools who has forgotten to cherish the sweetness in my mother tongue.. But neverthless to mention, am attached to it but not possesive... I mean I feel language should not be a barrier for any human realtions, but at the same time we should never forget to use our mother tongue frequently no matter how different world we are in.... We should never be a reason for our language to become obsolete...

4 comments:

Karthikayini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karthikayini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karthikayini said...

I've also one of my friends in my PG who is a gem of a person(Tamilian) but she prefers to talk in English all the time.Infact it took a long time for me to know that she is a Tamilian.Except for this quality of hers,she's very nice.

And theres one more friend of mine in the same PG.We both r good frenz and communicate only in Tamil unless and otherwise required.
I strongly believe that one's language of communication depends on one's broughtup.Some really believe speaking in English is a status symbol(Actually ppl who really doubt their status!!!)
I think u prefer to write ur blog in English because English has been the medium of learning during ur school days and tamil as one of ur subjects n not the medium of instruction.So u need not blame urself for writing in English.Infact I doubt if there will be any tamil medium schools in the longrun(Whether such a situation is good or not,I myself don't know because I might not dare to put my near and dear ones in Tamil medium for various reasons not definitely status).

But very true to the fact,u can always read tamil books or magazines atleast and watch some tamil movies if u want a touch of tamil with u.

And as always tamil songs are close to our hearts than any other language.

aarthi said...

Gee..
First of all, sorry for delayed reply..
Yeah, its ineviatble that we mostly English now.. Esp, India hs to compete with other countries.. Like you say, atleast if two people have same mother tongue, atleast they shall talk in that lnaguage wen its unofficial conversation.. These langauges are so sweet that they should not die..