Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Education/Status when misused..

I try my best to not write any cynical things in blog.. cant help sometimes..
Yesterday while I was walking to office, I came across this incident ..
I was near by office.. I saw a black innova was slightly damaged by a white car in it front.. I was slowing walking, as the traffic had already started.. with bikes running here and there..
3 of my collaegues at Shell was in that innova.. out of those 3 girls, i know 2 of them.. other one, i have only seen. so the innova is owned by one of those girls, known to me.. the driver of teh first white car came out. the girl started shouting already.. the white car had an another gentle man sitting at athe back side.. he also came out.. and I have been seeing this scene from teh time the innova stopped, within 2 or 3 mins, the girl (innova owner) slapped the driver of white car... even though i dont know her personally, i know her a bit and my only question is that when both the people from white car is talking, why should she slap the driver.. just becos of his status? even if he has done mistake, how can one slap someone? and that too within 2 or 3 mins of interaction.. am sure that driver did not use any bad words... but he refused and said that at this situation, both of us are reason for the damage.. more worse, is the other two girls cd not control the anger of this girl and they walked out from that scene.. all this took only 5 or 6 mins.. I saw our office security guys rushing to this site.. and brought this girl a little distance away from the driver.. the most sad part was teh driver was shocked and he stood upright seeing the girl .. he could have slaped her too. he is great.. he did not do that .. he has known that is rather cheap to do that..
My mother always used to say whenever soemone at our home used to get anger.. "if you just control and dont take actions when u r anger, you can prevent lot of mistakes"..
Its very true..
Foremost of all, I would say something in that girl has been misused by her.. Either education or her status..or even freedom..

Girls of India has to understand one thing.. Few years ago, they did not have all these freedom that they have now. and of course , not all girls get equal freedom to grow.. but at least those who get , lets use it positively.. there is no point in growing at all parameters of life (education, family, status), if you dont know how to control yourself.. such situations are not even tough.. To me, its a small situation,even if it takes 1 lakh damage out of 12 lakh innova car.. I dont think u can slap a guy gor that..

Already, many girls/ladies have become a bad example for spoiling the culture.. Come on, enjoy ur freedom/status/money, but hurting others is unacceptable. I just gave a thought , if the girl was not in a big company, would she done that still? Answer could be yes.. But even there, she has not kept her foot at the ground, rather excited in anger which ultimately hurts someone..

I should not have brought out the gender diffrence : boy and girl here.. even if its  guy, he should not slap the driver.. But a girl doing that in well-known Indian culture is a big surprise and worry .. girls have better control of anger and emotions than guys.. its statistics.. and my experience.. So, if a girl does that... sorry to say then..such girls are not girls ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Though not specific to girls, but we see this happening everywhere..

It is hard to find the rational behind this loose behavior.. !! At least in this specific example, social structure has provided here that security and freedom.. I mean, imagine her in Afghanistan or Somalia.. ;)

aarthi said...

Hi Krishna..
Yes, we see this happening everywhere.. But educated ppl (that too so called and so proud IITians) doing this, is a surprise..We would not be surprised if someone in Afg. or somalia behave like this but not in developing country..Also, Meaning of education is lost.. Even when we were in IISc, when ppl pulled someone to xtent of hurting, I used to feel that either their educational status is misused or they dont realise that they have acquire other qualities in addition to high tech education..
Like u and I say, they are misusing.. rather they should use to learn qualities..